The ACM Celebration of Women in Computing Asia Pacific (ACM-WAP) 2021 is a virtual event to be held on April 7, 2021 with the theme:
“Transforming Computing for a Better Future”
The celebration aims to bring together women from industry, education, and research to share ideas and experiences in transforming computing towards a future that we want to build. This inaugural event will feature presentations from prominent women who are researchers, educators, and professionals in the computing field in the Asia-Pacific Region.
This is the first event organized by the newly formed ACM-W Asia-Pacific Committee (ACM-WAP) https://women.acm.org/asia-pacific/ in association with National University, Manila, Philippines national-u.edu.ph, and the Computing Society of the Philippines – Special Interest Group on Women in Computing (CSP SIG-WiC).
CALL FOR EXTENDED ABSTRACTS
Extended abstracts are invited in relation to the celebration theme and sub-themes of:
● Increasing diversity in computing courses and careers
● Recruitment and retention of girls and women in computing courses and careers
● Encouraging students to consider computing in their future
● Computing for social impact and creativity
● Initiatives that explore the contribution of computing to society.
In order to provide opportunities for as many as possible to present their work, authors may not submit more than two abstracts where they are the lead presenter.
Abstract submissions for all presentations must be between 300 and 500 words in length.
Abstracts must include a description of each of the following:
● The research focus or problem/intervention program.
● The conceptual framework that informed the research or the initiative implemented to address the problem/intervention.
● Research methods, including ethics or permissions needed to run the problem/intervention program.
● Key insights or findings and implications for the future we want in computing
All abstracts must be submitted electronically via EasyChair.
There will be two types of presentations during the celebration:
1. Oral presentation
2. Poster presentation
1st Call for Extended Abstracts: December 21, 2020
2nd Call for Extended Abstracts: January 20, 2021
Extended Abstract submission deadline: February 24, 2021
Notification of acceptance: March 10, 2021
Submission of revised extended abstracts: March 24, 2021
Presentations: April 7, 2021
Further information is available on the website: https://acmwap21national-u.cf/
Inquiries can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All presenting authors of accepted abstracts are expected to register to attend the conference. Registration is free of charge.